So I must be incredibly crazy!! Today was the Louis and Clark Marathon and Half Marathon. Well, early this morning there was lots and lots and lots of rain and tons of wind. It totally felt like a tropical storm! I signed up for this race in hopes that it would provide me some great motivation to keep running. (I have been getting kind of sick of it.) Anyways, so I didn't do much training, but I figured once you have run a marathon the half isn't really that hard:) When I left my house this morning it was raining a little bit, but there was no wind. Once I got to the race at 5:30am, which was 20 minutes away, I could hardly see anything and the rain was just pouring down and the wind was crazy! The parking lot had at least 4+ inches of rain and I sat in the car by the starting line until it was time to line up which was around 6:30am. In just a matter of seconds I was completely soaked and there was nowhere to go to escape the rain. They kept all the runners in the starting area for another 30 minutes while they were assessing the course. Then we were off, I still can't believe I ran in that weather. The wind was coming towards us most the time, especially up the hills, and the rain was coming down in sheets like pellets in all directions. I was running by myself and my family stayed at home all snug and warm in their beds. However, I found a girl to run with and we talked the entire time. It saved me! When we got to the mile 8 marker they sent us in a different direction. The course was flooded and they closed it all down at mile 10 which was the finish line. No one got to finish the half or the full marathon. But, it was tons of fun and I laughed the entire time! What a great and cold Sunday morning to remember!! By the way, a lot of St. Louis was flooded due to Hurricane IKE:)
14 years ago
10 comments:
Way to tough it out Trishy...:) That would be fun to do, but to be honest, I'd probably be snuggled in my bed like your family was. Way to go!!
You are crazy!! I would have been in my warm bed like your family too. Congrats on the accomplishment. You are amazing with your running. I have been struggling with the distance thing lately. I've been doing a lot of interval training. I would still love to do a 1/2 marathon though. If only I was as tough as you!! Way to go!
That makes me laugh...
Wow, I was thinking the exact same thing as Candace...nice warm bed or running(not to mention in the rain) hmmm? wouldn't have been a tough choice for me! Good job with going and finishing! You are my hero. Maybe someday I will try to run more than just up my stairs :)
Hi Trish! It's Sasha. Came across your blog and what a darling family you have! It was nice to see you this summer, unfortunately the circumstances weren't, however. Hope you are doing well! Our blog is private, but if you want to enjoy it, you can email me at francissasha@yahoo.com.
Wow! I am so impressed not just with the rain but the running. That's one of my many goals, is to run even a half marathon at some point. You can be my inspiration. Hope your family is well.
Your a trooper! Way to go for it with that weather!
Wowzer, you're my hero! I'm so impressed! Thats going to have to be in my long-term goals. Currently the weight just keeps coming on!
Tim works with a lady who's husband was injured in that race. I guess he slipped and twisted something anyways they weren't able to go to the Gladys night Concert with us that night because of it. Glad to see you survived, you're amazing!!!
way to be tough trish! that is too funny... someday i'll be a runner like you!
Post a Comment